In conjunction with the Town of Canmore, the Exposure Photography Festival is holding a photo competition and an evening of outdoor projections of the images submitted. The photos will be projected outdoors on the evening of Friday, February 21th, 2014, from 7 to 9pm, in the empty lot beside the Credit Union building on Canmore’s Main Street. There will be hot chocolate and fire barrels to stave off the winter cold.
2014 Competition Theme: My Favourite Place(s)
This can be any place anywhere on the planet, at home or abroad, where you have traveled to, had an adventure in, or just somewhere you like to hang out; whether in a natural or man-made envirionment. Photos of people and activities in those locations also welcome.
Deadline: January 6, 2014
- Each photographer may submit up to 5 images. Images should be sized to 1024 pixels on the long side, at 72 dpi, RGB colour space, and should be no larger than 500KB. Images should be labeled with the photographer’s name and start at 1. (for example: 1_LastName_FirstName).
- Contact info: Name, email address and phone number.
- A short bio of 50 words. (optional)
- A brief artist statement of 100 words (optional).
- All entrants must email their submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Three of the top images will be selected for presentation in a window mural located at 729 Main Street, Canmore, during the month of February.
Exposure 2014 would like to thank the Town of Canmore, Glacier Holdings and 3M Trimline of Calgary for their generous support.
The Exposure : Calgary Banff Canmore Photography Festival Board
- Photo Artistry: Redefining Photography in the Digital Age
- Exposure 2014 Canmore Camera Club Photography Show–Opening Reception